Witty (nahhhh) Wholesome times

We have been ranting for a while now, so no crying in the blog,instead let’s talk about some wholesome experiences that me and my friends experienced during our internships (don’t run away, I won’t rant, promise XD)
Disclaimer: you might see the word “internship” being used again, but I assure you it won’t be ranting ;)

Starting with my own personal experience, I had just started interning at the hospital. it had only been 2-3 days, when i was sitting with some other trainees. they were leaving to get some food and just walk around and had asked me to come with them, but I had some other things to take care of due to which I was unable to go with them. So, now I was sitting alone [all by my lonesome :)], and one of the patients came up to me and said something that amazed me, they said "ma'am aap apne friends ke saath kyu nijaa rhe, aap bhi chale jao. mujhe achha ni lgra aapke friends aapko akela chordh gye." That one line there, made me feel 🥺🥺


Similarly, my friend had a patient she used to take literature sessions with (reading books to enhance their knowledge) and they always had such cute ways to delay reading and actually discuss the chapter or the story. Everytime she went up to them to discuss , she used to say “chalo walk pe chalte hai, baat kr lete hai”. Once they also taught my friend how to make kheer, all to avoid studying. Once after two- three attempts to get them to read, they told my friend “aap bahut naughty ho, aap mujhe padhne ke liye bolre ho”. 


And the last oneeee………

During another one of my friend’s internships, they had to conduct group sessions for which they had to go and call every patient from upstairs, but once she built a rapport with one of the patients, they took this responsibility upon themselves and she never had to make the extra effort of going upstairs and calling each patient. When they got discharged, she used to think what now :(


Sometimes it amazes me how working in the inner circle of psychiatry hospitals makes you see the beautiful people behind the face of their illness. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover right?


And on that note, I end this blog here.

See you in the next rant, or will it be another wholesome blog??

Who knows?? Well, keep guessing. 

See ya!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Examination Rant

The one without a name

Failed Attempts